Saturdays Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I stacked the load of sugar maple we brought out 8-24-2010 then went back in and grabbed the rest of the sugar maple plus a load of cherry behind the rhino, all the wood is stacked that we brought out today.

100_1328 is the first load of sugar maple,100_1329 is the second load of sugar maple,100_1330 is the truck loaded up with sugar maple,100_1332 is the rhino home with the cherry and 100_1333 is the load from the 24th stacked and 100_1334 is todays load of sugar stacked and the cherry stacked for some reason I did not take a picture.(edit) 100_1338 is the cherry stacked on top of the sugar maple.

We pulled down the dead tree then right after that I lost the breaks on the truck, I had to hold the emergency brake release out while pumping the emergency brake so I could get home, worked fine.

Attachments

• 100_1328.jpg
    100_1328.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 307
  • 100_1329.jpg
    100_1329.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 100_1330.jpg
    100_1330.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 100_1332.jpg
    100_1332.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_1333.jpg
    100_1333.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 100_1334.jpg
    100_1334.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_1338.jpg
    100_1338.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 291
Nice work Zap and beautiful stacks as always.

SolarAndWood said:
Nice work Zap and beautiful stacks as always.

Thanks Solar, some new brake lines going on Monday then I can start to haul down about 5 face cord from up top on Tuesday or Wednesday.

zap

The cooler weather is nice. Inspired me to repair the pusher plate for the beast and get to splitting. That and the splitting terrace is at capacity.

SolarAndWood said:
The cooler weather is nice. Inspired me to repair the pusher plate for the beast and get to splitting. That and the splitting terrace is at capacity.

Yes it is, I want to start splitting again but I promised myself not until I have all the wood thats split out of the woods then stacked. I have some good size shoulder season wood (not for this year) that needs to be split.

How did the beast run?

zap

I ground the bottom weld smooth and got it back together, then went to work york raking the area I cleared for the orchard. I'll probably fire it up in the morning before it gets too warm, they are forecasting high 80s for tomorrow here.

SolarAndWood said:
I ground the bottom weld smooth and got it back together, then went to work york raking the area I cleared for the orchard. I'll probably fire it up in the morning before it gets too warm, they are forecasting high 80s for tomorrow here.

I think during the week we have two days close to 90 again, looking forward to the fall weather plus a trip to look at the fall colors.

zap

If I had a place to dump my next score, I wouldn't think about splitting for another month or two. Where do you head for the colors? Tupper/Saranac/Placid or some fishing on the St Lawrence? The colors on the river are gorgeous.

SolarAndWood said:
If I had a place to dump my next score, I wouldn't think about splitting for another month or two. Where do you head for the colors? Tupper/Saranac/Placid or some fishing on the St Lawrence? The colors on the river are gorgeous.

We head to Saranac then towards Vermont, I'm not sure what we will do this year.

zap

You make me sick. :coolsmile: I have never stacked so tightly and nicely, nevermind daily. Oh well, today I primed the porch woodwork.

BeGreen said:
You make me sick. :coolsmile: I have never stacked so tightly and nicely, nevermind daily. Oh well, today I primed the porch woodwork.

I need to do our porch also, I'm getting to that part of my list.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.