saw grass to make pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletkrzd

Jan 2, 2010
northwest NJ
Hey stove multifuel burners---anyone here of companies utilizing sawgrass in the future to make pellets. What do you think. Makes sense if works well. Constant supply with several cuttings a year. Any thoughts? My father-in-law and I both have AE's and he said somebody mentioned to him this could be coming in the next few years.

Ive heard of switchgrass pellets. Heard nothing about sawgrass. But that would be a good idea if they could make it happen.

As I said before, You need to make sure your stove can burn the fuel. It needs to say more than "Bio-fuel" to burn a specific fuel. The same goes with the venting. If you burn something not approved by the MFG you can/will void all warranties and MFG responsibility.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.