Saw Identification - Remington Woodsman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

08brute

Sep 30, 2009
South Dakota
Can anyone tell me any information about this saw. I googled and did a search on Hearth with no hits. I am just curious about engine size and how old and if they are any good. I cant tell if it is a newer saw or an old saw. Any help would be appreciated.

http://sd.craigslist.org/for/2067848978.html

For sale: 19" Remington Woodsman Chainsaw - $100 (Brookings, SD)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-11-18, 4:20PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: 19" Remington Woodsman Chainsaw - Excellent condition
100.00 OBO

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attachments

• Remington 1.jpg
    Remington 1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 391
BTW, great saw. A lot of people really like those older remingtons. This saw doesn't have a chain brake if you are concerned about that, but it's pretty lightweight given it's CC range. Remember that a lot of old saws like this don't hit the RPMS of the newer saws. This old saw runs (according to that link above) in the 6500rpms range. I think I just posted about a newer saw yesterday that is like 50cc and runs at 9600rpms.

Danno77 said:
Bookmark this website. they may not have everything on every saw. and what they do have is not always 100% correct, but I find this to be a good website for saw info:

here's your saw's information:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...f263d71958feff6c88256de60082c093?OpenDocument

Great website. Thanks for the fast reply. Havent decided if im going to go look at it yet. I just bought a old 041 at an auction last month and the wife might not appreciate another saw purchase.

08brute said:
Danno77 said:
Bookmark this website. they may not have everything on every saw. and what they do have is not always 100% correct, but I find this to be a good website for saw info:

here's your saw's information:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...f263d71958feff6c88256de60082c093?OpenDocument

Great website. Thanks for the fast reply. Havent decided if im going to go look at it yet. I just bought a old 041 at an auction last month and the wife might not appreciate another saw purchase.
it's a tough call. I don't think they are out of line asking $100, probably worth $75 in good shape. I, personally, wouldn't buy it for more than 60 bucks, but that's not because it isn't worth it, it's because I don't need one. If you were sawless and they'd take 75 it would be a good deal. just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.