Sawing Logs With My New Saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigg_Redd

Minister of Fire
Oct 19, 2008
Shelton, WA
Cut up about 4/5 of a cord this morning with my new saw

Holy ####

I thought, "This must be what God feels like when he is sawing logs"

That is all

Bigg_Redd said:
Cut up about 4/5 of a cord this morning with my new saw

Holy kcuf

I thought, "This must be what God feels like when he is sawing logs"

That is all

I had a new saw once. It was nice. I didn't feel like God.... more like the Pope.

You must have a bigger saw than mine.

Must be one of those new fangled 21st century invisible saws,cause we cant see it.

Either that or it dont exist in the first place.

I notice Bigg_Redd likes the 4/5 figure. I wonder what else he likes that comes in 4/5?

Probably has no stove or saw. Just a woodburner groupie.

Thistle said:
Must be one of those new fangled 21st century invisible saws,cause we cant see it.

Either that or it dont exist in the first place.

Is this all some form of backwoods haiku?

Backwoods Savage said:
I notice Bigg_Redd likes the 4/5 figure. I wonder what else he likes that comes in 4/5?

If it's what I suspect, I'll bet he's emptied a cabinet full of the stuff recently.

Battenkiller said:
Backwoods Savage said:

If it's what I suspect, I'll bet he's emptied a cabinet full of the stuff recently.

At least he could do the polite thing & share with us.Being neighborly & all....

Keep an eye for Redd @ garage/rummage sales etc. I'm bettin if his new saw's that fast he'll need more extension cord soon. A C

amateur cutter said:
Keep an eye for Redd @ garage/rummage sales etc. I'm bettin if his new saw's that fast he'll need more extension cord soon. A C

Nah, I have a suspicion that his newly acquired plaything is the recently unveiled wireless version of this proven performer:

http://www.usbchainsaw.com/

Can you get full chisel or ripping chain for that? :lol:

Backwoods Savage said:

4/5s is allot of whiskey. Well for me anyway. A 1/5 last me a while. :)

bogydave said:
Backwoods Savage said:

4/5s is allot of whiskey. Well for me anyway. A 1/5 last me a while. :)

That 1/5 is 4/5 of a quart.

Lady BK and I were just discussing that. My kids would all be clueless about the meaning of a "fifth" of liquor, and the oldest one is 31 now. All they ever knew was handle, liter, 750 mil, 500 mil, 375 mil, and shooter.

Funny how we have steadfastly refused to go metric with anything else except for liquor. :lol:

BTW, a "handle" is 1.75 liters... for those of you who were weaned on fifths of a gallon.

Battenkiller said:
Lady BK and I were just discussing that. My kids would all be clueless about the meaning of a "fifth" of liquor, and the oldest one is 31 now. All they ever knew was handle, liter, 750 mil, 500 mil, 375 mil, and shooter.

Funny how we have steadfastly refused to go metric with anything else except for liquor. :lol:

BTW, a "handle" is 1.75 liters... for those of you who were weaned on fifths of a gallon.

Fifth is still a pretty famliar term (i'm 30) for my generation in this area. You don't hear handle much...I think I first heard it from my friends in New England. Much more comonly refered to as a half gallon, eaven though it isn't.

Quart is another common size, but you can't buy it like that from the store if you know what I mean.

lukem said:
Quart is another common size, but you can't buy it like that from the store if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I'm glad they went metric because a liter is bigger than a quart. :coolsmile:

Battenkiller said:
lukem said:

Yeah, I'm glad they went metric because a liter is bigger than a quart. :coolsmile:

Just guessing, but I think he's referring to liquids bought in quarts, but not from stores (more common in KY, TN, and WV).

DanCorcoran said:
Battenkiller said:
lukem said:

Just guessing, but I think he's referring to liquids bought in quarts, but not from stores (more common in KY, TN, and WV).

You guess correctly.

Ah..... I get it. I have friends down that way who make a superior product. Also, my Uncle John had his own still when I was a kid. I was too young to ever try it, but from the look on my dad's face every time he had a swig, the southern boys are a lot better at it than Uncle John ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.