SBI / Drolet Tech service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis

Jan 25, 2011
Sherbrooke, Qc
Hi all,

I bought a Drolet Eco-65 in january. I've talked with some guys at the tech services who were really helpfull with some smoke odor problem I had. In fact, the problem was related to the chemimey and not the stove...

Last saturday, I noticed a suspecious sound coming from the exhaust fan. Sunday morning, that noise was louder and I suspected the bearing. Few minutes later, the fan stopped working and the stove shown a error code... and another error code... I've called SBI (Drolet) sunday morning and I left a message on their voice mail. I've received an e-mail monday morning telling me that an exhaust fan and motor were shipped the same day. I received it next day by Purolator...

So it was just to let you know that the guys at SBI are very helpfull and/or handsome. I don't know if I can tell the same thing about the stove. Maybe it was just a fan that was assembled on a monday morning or a late friday afternoon... maybe components are really cheap... but I hope not!

Lewis

"guys at SBI are very helpfull and/or handsome"
"Lewis"

Now that thats out of the way...The reason I sell and promote SBI is that they provide dealer support like no other company I have seen in the past 25 years. I'm glad you had a happy ending. Maybe they can send you a "Boys of SBI" Calander or something.

They once had some real issues in Atlantic Canada(posts on this board) but I can give everyone a learning curve and I have had no problems..at least,compared to what I think others have had with other models/brands of stoves.

Franks said:
My happy ending comment was lost in all that.
not entirely sir. subtle is my middle name...i have a lot of middle names.

Status
Not open for further replies.