Scent Stones On Your Pellet Stove, Have You Tried Them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney1963

Oct 4, 2008
Windham Maine
I am trying one and don't get any nice smells whatsoever. These are the ones made of clay and you put sented oil on them. The front top half gets pretty warm to the touch too. Anyone else have experience with these? I'm not impressed.

That's what I thought, wasted my money.

sydney1963 said:
I am trying one and don't get any nice smells whatsoever......... I'm not impressed.

Oh man Syd, we could have a field day and a lot of laughs at this one....so your saying your getting "bad" smells? Like after eating beans?

Actually no smell.

I have had success putting on the shelf in my Accentra where the blower air comes out. It doesn't last that long, maybe 1-2 hours...but my wife really likes it.

"What's good for wifey...is good for Hubby"

I put my stones up there and while there was no smell i surly did get burned. It's a rip off i tell ya!!!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

woodsman23 said:
I put my stones up there and while there was no smell i surly did get burned. It's a rip off i tell ya!!!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

Now THAT'S funny!!!!!!! :lol:

Not only did woodsman get his "stones" burned, I bet the smell in the house wasn't like potporri (or however you spell it).

You guys are too funny!!! LOL

woodsman23 said:
I put my stones up there
and while there was no smell i surly did get burned. It's a rip off i tell ya!!!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

You must have a cast iron pair!

Sydney...since their made of clay you can make beer coasters out of them. No money wasted then. lol

DiggerJim said:
Depends on the stove. Most don't really get hot enough to make these work - same for kettles of water to humdify the air.

This is very true.you can sleep on the top of my big E when its running.

I like the beer coaster idea.

When I bought them from the stove shop, they told me that they were not meant to be placed on top of a pellet stove, because very few of them get hot enough. Instead, they said that they were designed to be place in the fan area where they will continue to give off scent for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.