Scrounging score from a furniture maker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodpileOCD

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
Saw this ad on CL

HARDWOOD, FURNITURE BLOCKS, SOLD MANY LOADS THIS YEAR AND TRYING TO CLEAR LOT OF WHAT IS LEFT. IT IS FREE, IT WILL REQUIRE U LOADING AND IT WILL BE GREAT TO BURN.. NO GIMMICK, NO EMAILS MAYBE 25-30 P/U LOADS LEFT. IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND FREE, OR ARE TOO LAZY TO HAND LOAD, STAY HOME. THIS IS INTENDED FOR THOSE IN NEED..
282 COWANS FORD RD, 28164

Since I'm running low on seasoned wood I'm in the market for anything free that is dry. Pretty decent score and there was plenty more. If you are anywhere near Huntersville NC, that is where he is.

My trailer is 5x10 with 3' sides to give you an idea of the volume. This should let me give my new (to me) cat stove a workout with some good wood and see how she does. It seemed to be mostly oak, maple, some walnut maybe and I think some ash.

All in all definitely worth a couple hours time on a Sat morning since I understand free and am not too lazy to hand load. :coolsmile:

Attachments

• scrap wood-1.jpg
    scrap wood-1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 202
Watch saw mills to!

Yup.Even with a regular place to cut,I'm always on the lookout for scores like this.I normally grab at least 1 pickup load of hardwood dunnage a year (most of it red/white oak,occasionally some cherry,hard maple & hickory),scraps & cut offs of doug fir & untreated yellow pine construction lumber from jobsites I work at.Saves landfill space & the dumpsters dont fill up as fast.As long I have the space,I'll bring home whatever's good.Most is stacked nice & neat outdoors,extra -dry stuff I make room for in the shop & garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.