Scrounging wood: When to pass..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
as we figured we couldn't load it and it's Willow anyway....

willow1a.jpg

willow2a.jpg

The fella in the picture is 6'4" tall.

Bet there is someone on here who would have rolled it home............

That sure is a cute little wood sprite you found on that stump.

Shari, I would also have passed on that stuff. Nice pictures though.

What the heck, I once took a 53 inch trunk. Some times you just need to move what you got.

But Jay once played the part of Tarzan when the regular got sick. Can't you just visualize him swinging on a vine? Half way to the other tree he discovers it is a poison ivy vine!

Backwoods Savage said:
But Jay once played the part of Tarzan when the regular got sick. Can't you just visualize him swinging on a vine? Half way to the other tree he discovers it is a poison ivy vine!

AlALalAlALALAL

Attachments

• tarzan.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 392
snowleopard said:
That sure is a cute little wood sprite you found on that stump.

TreePointer said:
Shari, you're much shorter than I envisioned.

But very cute!

Thanks! :)

Uh, Jay, I'm pretty sure you were who Woodchip had in mind by "someone on here" . . .

smokinjay said:
AlALalAlALALAL

lol, no pride, that's awesome. Not sure I would take willow even if I could load it (not that I haven't). There has to be a line somewhere right?

I passed on a beautiful 2' plus oak yesterday. It was on the side of a steep hill and when I cut a round it would roll towards a house at the bottom of the hill. Plus the hill is too steep for a truck or trailer so I would have to carry each round. There was really no where to park my truck and trailer except in the road. My kids wait in the trailer while I cut so that nixed the deal right there. Now if I were cutting with another grown man or even a teenager, that would have been different. And it was only 10 minutes from the house too!

SolarAndWood said:
smokinjay said:
AlALalAlALALAL

lol, no pride, that's awesome. Not sure I would take willow even if I could load it (not that I haven't). There has to be a line somewhere right?

This trunk was drop off a trailer! (I didnt have to do anything but but and split)

smokinjay said:
This trunk was drop off a trailer! (I didnt have to do anything but but and split)

The trunk swinging from that rope fell off a trailer?

SolarAndWood said:
smokinjay said:

The trunk swinging from that rope fell off a trailer?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.