"seasoned firewood" CL is just so entertaining!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you give me 500 to take your mess away from you;ex

I seen that one too.... Some people are crazy!

There is a listing in the Akron CL that actually says he sells seasoned Firewood. All wood is tested with a moisture meter to ensure low moisture content before sale. Although he doesn't state what moisture content is acceptable, or how and where its measured?

Some people and there "seasoned" wood?!?!?

That guy is brilliant, gives me an idea, I'm going to put a cl ad up and see if I can get someone to pay me to trim my hedges by advertising it as "kindling"

Reactions: mfglickman
That is how it is around here.

I hate buying firewood unless it is for next winter maybe if it is not red oak.

I seen that one too.... Some people are crazy!

There is a listing in the Akron CL that actually says he sells seasoned Firewood. All wood is tested with a moisture meter to ensure low moisture content before sale. Although he doesn't state what moisture content is acceptable, or how and where its measured?

Some people and there "seasoned" wood?!?!?
Just went through,CL northeast Ohio,some clown says all firewood must be below 50%moisture to burn well,I'll try and post it later.

blu, just saw your post with the CL ad. The best thing that guy should have said was,
$70.00 you haul away.

Reactions: blujacket
Some people think that those of us who burn wood will take anything.
I once saw a CL posting for "free firewood", when I clicked on the link there it was! A picture of a pile of treated, painted wood that used to be his deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.