Seasoned wood is good in the summer, too

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
We're out with our new travel trailer on its inaugural run. We're pretty close to home, since I have to work Wednesday, so I was able to bring my own wood. Of course, I forgot to bring firestarters, so I got the fire going with a couple of McDonald's napkins. Then the neighbors wanted to know why I don't have the smokey mess they have. 'Good wood' I say. 'Where did you buy it?' %-P

It's 90°, but my kids want to cook hotdogs, and I'm sure there will be s'mores later. Guess I get to play in the fire.

Jeff, don't forget the Super Cedars the next time. Hope you have an enjoyable time camping.

Somehow 90 degree temperatures doesn't make the outdoor fires sound inviting.

The wood I have is dry enough I can start it just with sticking the ligther on a few small splits. I go camping nearly every weekend and bring a couple wheelbarrow loads with.

Pic's or it never happened! ;-)

a couple weeks ago I used KFC napkins. I bought a bundle from the camp store, that stuff was a smokey mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.