seeking help with an HP40 earth pellet stove.. Help with my older stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletstoveamateur

Mar 14, 2008
Northern Nevada
Hello everyone, i recently purchased a used HP40 Earth pellet stove insert. The guy i bought it from said that it worked well. Well i have inserted it and i bought a user manual. The user manual has a different control board than mine. Mine is an OII 500 while the one in the user manuale is 1000. Everything seems to work, but the auger will not stop turning and it eventually smothers the flame. In the manual it says the combustion fan is supposed to turn on once the auger has stopped. Is there an adjustment on the auger feed that can fix this? Why would the auger not stop?

I did look at the wiring in the back of the thing and there was a wire snap board near where the chimney is vented. Well the snap board did not have anything connected to it. I checked the wiring diagram and it does not show that. Along with this the diagram only showed one fan.

Also the flame does not go out once the stove is turned off, it goes on burning an awful long time. I have checked the door gasket with a piece of paper, and it seemed tight. Where should i start on this? Is this a common problem with this stove?

Any help would be of great assistance. I do have a downloaded owners manual that I would be willing to share with you if that could be of any interest to you.

thank you and stay warm.

Sounds like the limit switch isn't activating, but I did send you a pm asking for your manual so I can review the diagram and try to help you better.

Does anyone know why the auger in an HP40 earth pellet stove will not quit dumping pellets into the stove? I believe it is only supposed to do it for a minute and then the fan is supposed to come on. Does anyone have any ideas about this.

thanks,
john

Status
Not open for further replies.