Selling real estate on-line

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it gets traffic or exposure, I've had better luck with a "For Rent" sign in the window and on the property than an expensive classified ad in the local paper, or endless questions on Craigslist for free. They know where it is, they see the neighbor hood, and maybe even look it over outside to have a good idea if they are interested before you drive out. A sign also has the word of mouth factor that advertising elswhere won't have as much. Realtors probably get a lot of calls from them too. Otherwise they wouldn't go to the expense of putting them up everywhere. I'd use a sign along with what other advertising you use. I've gotten the best tenants that way too, don't know how good it works to sell outright.

Helped some people sell some hunting land.It sold in a week.I have also been on the other end,trying to buy some.I was set to build a cabin in WV and the deal fell thru,when doing the deed research,this person wasn't the only owner.It's been about like craigslist.Everyone takes photos of the good parts,but will not show the the 20 trailers in sight or the 45 degree incline to get to the pretty part or the deliverance neighbors living a 1/4 mile down the road.The deal in WV cost me a cabin that I could have bought for 28,000 that would normally be about 3 times that.

There's a real nice pice of land for sale near my inlaws old place if you want to be next to the Hell's Angels in SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.