Serenity pellet issue.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Moonlakeloonie

Dec 29, 2020
Iron River
Our 4 month old Serenity stove quit working right before Christmas. It will run for 15-20 minutes then shut down. The hopper has pellets and the fire pot is clean. I’ve changed the 52C wires to the spare provided, still won’t run. The controller NTC1 is not shaded, NTC2 says ERR and the limit spot is shaded. Any ideas? 4 months old and only 15-20 bags ran through it. The company is impossible to get hold of by phone and no email replies.

Reactions: Ssyko
From the Manual
"If the hopper is full, relight. If it continues to give that signal, then enter the diagnostic area of the controller. A circle next to “NTC1” should be highlighted. If not, replace the 52C proof of fire switch. Check pigtail leads, replace spade terminals as necessary."
Have you tested the proof of fire switch?

johneh, I changed wires to a spare 52C that came on the blower. I was just thinking about testing the 52C with a lighter after the fire starts. I’m also going to close the inlet air hole a little. Goofy stove ran great for about 3 months. I haven’t replaced the wire spades yet as they look ok.