Seriously?........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2011
沖縄日本
I was browsing the internet in my attempt to make it to the end and came across the website of a chimney sweep/repair guy who had these pics posted on his site. While the brick work looks good, the first thing I noticed is the mess he seemed to be making out of the roof. One pic has debris from dismantling the chimney on the roof shingles and the other has mortar spilled all over the roof. Is it common practice for someone doing this kind of work to make a mess like this without trying to protect the roof or do I have unreasonable expectations for the quality or work that should be expected? I'd be furious if I had to call a roofing guy to fix the mess that my chimney guy made. Of course this guy didn't think there was a problem with it as he uses them for advertisement on his website..

Attachments

• 298_399_csupload_38896050.jpeg
    298_399_csupload_38896050.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 738
  • 298_399_csupload_39911077.jpeg
    298_399_csupload_39911077.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 752
Not sure if it's common practice....hopefully not....I'd be a little P'd

I suppose there is nothing harmfull with laying the broken brick on the roof temporarily, as long as everything gets swept up afterwards, but the spilled mortar is another story. Either way I would have made sure I cleaned up my mess before taking pictures for my website, and a drop sheet would make cleaning up a lot easier.

I like the bricks laying on top of the chimney.What will they do when they fall?

Who in there right mind or left for that matter stacks loose bricks on top of the flue?!?!?!?!?!?!

Pete

Pete1983 said:
Who in there right mind or left for that matter stacks loose bricks on top of the flue?!?!?!?!?!?!

Pete

Someone who has never had one fall down the flue before?

Only thing I can think of is that the roof is coming off right after the chimney repair and the shingles arent a concern. The rents had this exact thing done and nothing was covered. Of course, I dont think I'd be using those pics as advertisement of my work without making that disclaimer clearly known.

Status
Not open for further replies.