seton WOOD STOVE???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crackshot

Jan 15, 2011
Moosup ct
has anyone here had any experiance with the line up of seton woodstoves????? thought they were interesting, how they can burn whole logs and use gassification...... thats what they claim anyways.......

If wood consumption and clean burning is irrelevant, why not just put in a double 55gal barrel stove?

ouch ,ill take that as a "no good"..... but they claim it as a "gasifier ,2000 degree burner",.....wouldnt it burn clean or is it not possible for a wood stove?

I'm not totally sold on claims and wouldn't feel good about recommending you a product based on them. It might be an ok stove, or it might only gasify under ideal conditions, I don't know. The real question is whether it would heat your place.

I'm on my fourth season with the Seton W90 - working as described. Little smoke, very efficient, very happy and warm. There is a learning curve but nothing you can't handle if your into it.

Sorry for the late post - been out of commission for a while.

Boy I sure was grumpy that day. Their radiant stoves are a pretty simple design, quite industrial which might appeal to some folks. Their boilers are covered in the boiler room.

Status
Not open for further replies.