sharpening a stihl brushcutter chisel blade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crackshot

Jan 15, 2011
Moosup ct
hello all,... I have been looking all over the place for correct file size for a stihl chisel brushcutter blade, part number,...4112 713 4203....... lost the packaging for my blades , on them is the correct file size,.... cant find any info anywhere. also wondering if there are any tricks to sharpening them.... thanks all!

Have you tried any of the files from your chains? It'll probably be one of the main 3 - 5/32, 3/16, 7/32.
And if your off a size(preferable larger) it shouldn't matter too much.
I take the blade off and put it in a vise, then rotate it between teeth. This seems to keep a fairly consistent angle on the teeth.
This is the one I run on the FS353 for heavy stuff, you can replace the chain and it also acts like a clutch when it snags
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-12-Bea...639?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c24fb716f

thank you gents!,...tree pointer thats exactly what i was looking for! thank you!,... basod I am looking into that,... I have a feeling that blade wreaks havok!

Status
Not open for further replies.