Shewww! Its hot in the garage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrated

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2009
Maryland
My Englander 13 hummin along in the garage. Thermometer is 18 inches from the stove top.

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg

What is the stove top temp at that point? I have never seen my stove pipe temp that high on my 30, and that was with top temps above 750*.

MikeP said:
What is the stove top temp at that point? I have never seen my stove pipe temp that high on my 30, and that was with top temps above 750*.

I have never had my stove top at 750. Using that same thermometer, the stove top is pushing 650. That is with the thermometer in the right rear corner. I believe I got it to hot the other day, the black pipe turned white a couple inches up from where it comes out of the stove top.

Probably just different characteristics of the two stoves. Mine just minutes ago.....

Attachments

• DSC00031.jpg
    DSC00031.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 434
Status
Not open for further replies.