Should I buy a lottery ticket today?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
What a brilliant, if busy day!

Started off with an oak tree down in the park opposite, the council workers just dropped it, bucked it, and walked away.

Had I not been so keen on getting the wood, I'd have probably moaned about the mess they left.........

However, on my 5th wheelbarrow load, passing my new neighbours house, he came out and offered me a cherry tree.
And a load of pallets for kindling, and said he would save any future trees for me (he works as a landscape gardener, and often has trees to get rid of).

He is so pleased, he has been paying the council to dispose of them where he used to live!

Last week, I reckoned I was just about 3 years ahead on wood, suddenly, it's looking quite comfortable.

Nope, I don't need to win the lottery, I feel like I just won the jackpot!!!!!!!

Good for you! Nothing like a little free wood. What is your temperature/weather like over there? Have a good one.

We are having a mild spell, lovely weather for fall.

Mild days, easy to get out and about.

Cool evenings, great to sit roasting chestnuts or crumpets on the stove.

Long may it continue ;-)

NICE! Enjoy and may your free wood keep coming!

woodchip said:
What a brilliant, if busy day!

Started off with an oak tree down in the park opposite, the council workers just dropped it, bucked it, and walked away.

Had I not been so keen on getting the wood, I'd have probably moaned about the mess they left.........

However, on my 5th wheelbarrow load, passing my new neighbours house, he came out and offered me a cherry tree.
And a load of pallets for kindling, and said he would save any future trees for me (he works as a landscape gardener, and often has trees to get rid of).

He is so pleased, he has been paying the council to dispose of them where he used to live!

Last week, I reckoned I was just about 3 years ahead on wood, suddenly, it's looking quite comfortable.

Nope, I don't need to win the lottery, I feel like I just won the jackpot!!!!!!!

Nice grab wood chip, better get all you can, you have a big cold spell coming your way.

zapuweather

woodchip said:
We are having a mild spell, lovely weather for fall.

Mild days, easy to get out and about.

Cool evenings, great to sit roasting chestnuts or crumpets on the stove.

Long may it continue ;-)

Crumpets? Are you yanking our chain? I dont even know what a crumpet is, but it sounds awfully stereotypical! ;-)

wood-fan-atic said:
I dont even know what a crumpet is
I think it is like a biscuit, maybe. I like the idea of roasting them on the stove, but fear I would be violating a "distance to combustible surface" rule...

Jackpot indeed, woodchip! Many of those landscape trees are great-burning firewood. Speaking of Cherry, I'm burning some right now. I have to step outside every so often to take a whiff, it smells so nice.
:)

Keep on woodchip and you'll be 5 years ahead. That is sweet!

Woody Stover said:
I think it is like a biscuit, maybe. I like the idea of roasting them on the stove, but fear I would be violating a "distance to combustible surface" rule...

Toasting crumpets as I type!

Very wet here, glad our wood is under cover.

Some parts have had 4 inches of rain yesterday!!!!!

toastingcrumpets.jpg

So that's what a crumpet looks like . . . almost looks like a rice cake.

Yes, looks can be deceiving though.

Crumpets are made out of flour, milk, yeast, pinch of salt and pinch of sugar.

Best served warm with golden syrup (treacle) or butter.

Good fun on a cold wet day, and an excuse to sit next to the stove (if you need an excuse)...... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.