Should I or shouldn't I ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
My old Enviro EF-2 is 1 hell of a heat box.
No major issues and easy to maintain.
I stay warm enough for most of the winter but there are a few days/night when the north wind is howling and the temp is low that the stove can't keep up.
I like to keep the house at about 68-70 and usually the EF-2 handles that just fine.
But when it gets real cold out the house chills down to the low 60's and the stove is cranked, I dream of something bigger.

I have pretty much decided I want a new Enviro M55-Cast.
I like the 55K BTU output, T stat, and the multi-fuel ability. Also love the look of the Cast version.

Thing is, is now the time to buy or should I wait for spring and suffer those few cold nights this winter?
I have found some local prices around $3400 for the stove.
Can I do better?
I will be installing myself and don't want any service contract other than MFG warranty.
I live on Cape Cod but I can travel all over New England and I am willing to pick up. I can get Freight delivery/Loading dock and forklift at the office.

Also is the $1500 tax credit still around, or did I miss that one?

Thanks,
---Nailer---

Nailed, I have to agree with Smoke....for the price, you can save about $2200....that more than pays for the piping, and with $$ left over to buy more pellets.

They have free shipping to the loading dock too, and full factory warranty.

Yes, I'm a little biased, but how can you beat that deal?

You would not be sorry with this stove. One big friggin brute. Looks good. Heats like no ones business. Just got mine this year. Been putting it thru the tests these last few weeks.

Heats my house from my basement and is quite efficient at doing so even in the last few lower 30 degree nights.

You cant beat the price. Awesome unit. Best purchase ive made in years.
And lets not forget about the technical support. One of the best in the market.

I could not see anyone not liking this stove after using it for a while and seeing its potential.

smoke show said:
I'd like to know how loud the 10-cpm/49-trcpm is if the folks that have them could chime in.

Its about as loud as any other stove ive heard. Mine is in the basement it no big deal.

I would not want this unit sitting next to my television though. Then again i usually run the convection blower on 9.

I too will be upgraging, but after this season is over. I am looking at the M-55 steel or the 10-CPM.. The Englander kinda has my heart, just based on the abuse that imacman gave it last year. 59 bags without cleaning!!!!! Ridiculous!

But the Enviro is a great stove also and because I am selling the Quad, the price is out of the equation. I would like to see some real world videos of both stoves, burning on YouTube. So I can make some comparisons based on the look of the flame on the middle setting (4 or 5 for Englander and 3 for Enviro) since this is where I would be running it. I run the Quad on Low 24/7 most of the time (temps permitting) but would like to run Hi/Low on a mid level setting.

Cant fault anyone for wanting a new stove. Are you going to sell the EF2? Or place it elsewhere?

jdempsey said:
Its about as loud as any other stove ive heard. Mine is in the basement it no big deal.

I would not want this unit sitting next to my television though.

Thats why I asked lotsa peeps have their stove near the TV (me).

I know mt 25pdvc(basement) is very noisy, but its old, and they probly improved alot over the years.

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate all the info about the 49-TRCPM. The price is nice.
What is the BTU rating on it. And since the stove is in my living room about 6' from my TV it needs to be quiet.
The M-55 is supposed to be quiet. My existing EF-2 is fine only needing 4 extra volume bars on the TV when running.

I know Mike/ESW has supported us here for many years hard to beat that.

Now you all have me thinking.......

Thanks,
---Nailer---

Nailed, not sure of the BTU output on the unit, but it is rated to heat approx. 2200 sq. ft. I know these figures are a little ambiguos, but it at least gives you an idea.

Maybe shoot Mike H. a PM and ask?

I thought that the 10-CPM was rated at 50,000 BTU's... That # seems correct. My Quad is rated to heat 2,200 and its 47,500 BTU (or 40,000/ depends where you look).

DexterDay said:
I thought that the 10-CPM was rated at 50,000 BTU's... That # seems correct. My Quad is rated to heat 2,200 and its 47,500 BTU (or 40,000/ depends where you look).
Correct....AmF stoves states the max btu is 50,000.

Jay,

I like the Omega but it is a bit big for my Living Room :)

The M55-C is it's smaller brother.
I did find it for $3K picked up.

---Nailer---

nailed_nailer said:
Jay,

I like the Omega but it is a bit big for my Living Room :)

The M55-C is it's smaller brother.
I did find it for $3K picked up.

---Nailer---

The Omega is a bit big for you, But what I meant was my vote was for the M55-C(guess I should have been more clear)! Because the M55-C is just a smaller and nicer looking Omega IMHO. More like its cute little sister ;-) I will guarantee you will not be cold with that stove! Nor will you need to go above heat setting 3. Unless you like living in you skivies!

I believe my Harman accentra insert is 48k BTU and 1800 sq ft.

Hello

According to these specs the 10-CPM is 55K BTUs Maybe more when burning Cherry Pits? LOL
http://www.pelletstovefires.com/englander-10cpm.html

According to these specs the EF-2 is 34K BTUs
http://www.pelletstovefires.com/enviro-EF2.html

Anyways, those EF-2s are built like tanks!! I miss the one I spruced up and sold with that nice Dial A Fire!
I kept it pristine so I did not run it after painting. :-(

The EF-2 was a piece of cake to work on. It was so easy to clean the blowers!

What are you going to do with your EF-2 Mike? It is worth an easy 1K all painted and fixed up with an ignitor in it!

Well good luck with your choice. You deserve a nice new toy!

P.S.
I almost have a 42k BTU Pelpro Bay View ready for a good home. :)
Tomorrow I will be painting the base and then all I have to do is install a new door gasket and new FireBrick!

Also you are too late on the $1500 Tax Credit, but for 2011 there is up to $300 or 10% of your stove purchase cost.

Attachments

• EnviroEF2iPelletStoveSC.jpg
    EnviroEF2iPelletStoveSC.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 505
  • EnviroEF2iBackSC.jpg
    EnviroEF2iBackSC.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 462
  • EF2iControlPanelsc.jpg
    EF2iControlPanelsc.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 471
  • EF2XrayView.jpg
    EF2XrayView.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 446
My votes for the M55cast FS which I proudly own. I want to beat the 59 bags. Im pushing 30 with no cleaning but the glass. It kills me to not clean it.Its like a new car. want it to stay shiny and clean. Any way its 55,000 btus and heats up to 2500 sq ft. Again thats in a perfect world.This is my second stove and its night and day in comparison. I wanted the look with a quality stove and I believe this is it. I think its a steal for the price. I paid 3200. Enjoy the search.

nailed_nailer said:
My old Enviro EF-2 is 1 hell of a heat box.
No major issues and easy to maintain.
I stay warm enough for most of the winter but there are a few days/night when the north wind is howling and the temp is low that the stove can't keep up.
I like to keep the house at about 68-70 and usually the EF-2 handles that just fine.
But when it gets real cold out the house chills down to the low 60's and the stove is cranked, I dream of something bigger.

I have pretty much decided I want a new Enviro M55-Cast.
I like the 55K BTU output, T stat, and the multi-fuel ability. Also love the look of the Cast version.

Thing is, is now the time to buy or should I wait for spring and suffer those few cold nights this winter?
I have found some local prices around $3400 for the stove.
Can I do better?
I will be installing myself and don't want any service contract other than MFG warranty.
I live on Cape Cod but I can travel all over New England and I am willing to pick up. I can get Freight delivery/Loading dock and forklift at the office.

Also is the $1500 tax credit still around, or did I miss that one?

Thanks,
---Nailer---

Probably not what you want to hear, but here's MY opinion:
1. Ya got a old stove that works good, still, and you are used to the routine with it.
2. The house gets cold a few days each year.
3. You WANT a new stove.
4. $3400 will buy a WHOLE LOT of insulation / weatherizing/ winterizing
If it was me, Id buy a new stove.

kykel said:
My votes for the M55cast FS which I proudly own. I want to beat the 59 bags. Im pushing 30 with no cleaning but the glass. It kills me to not clean it.Its like a new car. want it to stay shiny and clean. Any way its 55,000 btus and heats up to 2500 sq ft. Again thats in a perfect world.This is my second stove and its night and day in comparison. I wanted the look with a quality stove and I believe this is it. I think its a steal for the price. I paid 3200. Enjoy the search.

Im not surprised by your vote! LOL..

I dont think they are selling at that price anymore. They charged me $3600. I guess as winter comes closer the price goes up.. Cant wait to get mine burning!!

I think I was thier first sale of this model. I know their selling a lot of these now. Was the 3600 with the log. I bought only the stove.

No, she said she was throwing the logs in for free. Even though I really know they werent free. Billy wasnt there, just Billie. She gave me a good deal on the pipe and install charges were less than the other. So maybe we saved $100 by dealing with them. But my main issue was getting from someone that would do the right thing, so thats why I felt comfortable buying from them. We also got the Wireless Thermostat.

kykel said:
I think I was thier first sale of this model. I know their selling a lot of these now. Was the 3600 with the log. I bought only the stove.

BTW,, what pellets are u burning?

kykel said:

Pics or it never happened. I can say I burned 70 in my Quad. But pics of the glass and what you can see of the burnpot (after 30 bags its hard to see through) and the residuals in the liner and other spots in the firebox..

Start a thread about it (if... it really happened) and ask for competitors? ? Last year it was a competition between Eric at Kinsman Stoves and imacman.

I wanna see pics. You learned how to post them. Now lets see'em.

Hoss,

I like how you think. :)

I live in a small (900 sq ft) converted cottage.
The ceilings are cathedral and I have added as much insulation as I can.
The windows are new (although there are a few I will be removing soon)
For a kit cottage built in the late '50s it is about as tight as it is going to get.

So its decided then......
Shop for a new stove.
Best price I have so far is $3K

Anyone know of an online deal. Not looking for any kind of service past MFG warranty?

---Nailer---

Jay,

[/quote]Unless you like living in you skivies![/quote]

That would be ugly. :)

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.