Should of stayed in the house today...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crichison

Jan 30, 2010
Central MO
Ever have one of those days. Big saw (036 pro) got hot on me and died, couldn't get to restart. Little saw (MS 180C) got pinched, saw what was about to happen and took the bar off the power head, log rolled over and made a nice U shape out of the bar. Made it to the local shop before they closed and dropped off the big saw to have it looked at and got a new bar for the little one. Sure hope they can fix the 036, I'm pretty partial to that saw.........

Could have been worse, at least you didn't waste the powerhead on the stuck saw...

Gooserider

crichison said:
Ever have one of those days. Big saw (036 pro) got hot on me and died, couldn't get to restart. Little saw (MS 180C) got pinched, saw what was about to happen and took the bar off the power head, log rolled over and made a nice U shape out of the bar. Made it to the local shop before they closed and dropped off the big saw to have it looked at and got a new bar for the little one. Sure hope they can fix the 036, I'm pretty partial to that saw.........

I have a 12 year old 036 that runs as good as the day I bought it. When I'm cutting with it's like an extension of my arm.

Gooserider said:
Could have been worse...
Ja, reading the title, I was thinking the worst... blood, emerg... Equipment can be replaced.

leftyscott said:
When I'm cutting with it's like an extension of my arm.
My mind's full of morbid thoughts this morning... With a name like "leftyscott" I picture a custom prosthetic for what was your right arm.

About 6 yrs ago I had a 036 pro in the front bucket of the tractor. I was running a brushcutter on the back. Didn't see the saw bounce out of the bucket. You want to guess what happens when chainsaw and brushcutter meet? I put the very small pieces into a box and walked into my saw store and asked,"can you fix this". Needless to say I bought a new one, and it rides with me on the tractor.
Doug

I should have stayed in the house today. Probably a reason I had these morbid thoughts.

I went out to fix my snow thrower after it injested a hardwood stick that my wife gave the dog to play with. I always give her small Poplar sticks for that very reason. Anyway, I was working with a small angle grinder and managed to take a notch out of the back of my thumb. Not bad enough to go to emerg but damn, it hurts. I had just taken off my gloves so at least I didn't ruin a perfectly good glove.

You guys are right, equipment can be replaced. Got the new bar yesterday and finished cutting up the tree I had down. Things went much better today, took the splitter to the woods, trailer on the ATV. From the splitter to the trailer to the pile, gota love it when things work like there supposed to. Got about a cord and a half put up today, and had a pork butt on the smoker while doing it..........good eats tonight.

LLigetfa said:
I should have stayed in the house today. Probably a reason I had these morbid thoughts.

I went out to fix my snow thrower after it injested a hardwood stick that my wife gave the dog to play with. I always give her small Poplar sticks for that very reason. Anyway, I was working with a small angle grinder and managed to take a notch out of the back of my thumb. Not bad enough to go to emerg but damn, it hurts. I had just taken off my gloves so at least I didn't ruin a perfectly good glove.

Sorry to hear about the injury good it wasn't any worse and at least you saved the glove but I think it's supposed to work the other way around. :ahhh:

Yup . . . seems like most of the days when I go into the woods to cut up some firewood I either have "one of those days" when the saw gets pinched, every tree falls the wrong way or ends up getting caught up as a leaner, I forget an important tool (like the chainsaw wrench or extra chain) . . . or I have "a great day" when everything falls where I want it to fall, the tree gets bucked up in record time, there are few branches to deal with and I end up with a pile of wood . . . for some reason I rarely have a day where things are fair . . . some good happens, some bad happens.

"I’m pretty partial to that saw"…...... 036

That is a sweeet saw!!!!!!!!

Bigg_Redd said:
crichison said:
Should of stayed in the house today...........

It's "should have" or "should've"

You are welcome
Around here we just say should'a/would'a/could'a.

Status
Not open for further replies.