should this build up be of concern?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavo

Feb 12, 2011
chaplin ct
I don't recall seeing this kind of black in here before. Should I be worried about this or am I doing something wrong? The only maintenance I have done on this 445 is to clean the air filter that already looked pretty clean to begin with.
Thanks, Mike.
wood011.gif

Not quite sure but looks like the chain guide thing with numbers stamped on it is getting rubbed by chain. Don't know/think it is normal....Is you chain too loose or bent?

Looks like a mix of chain lube and dust off the chain.

When your done runnin the saw for the day,,,use a air compressor and blow out that junk that settles under the cover. Only takes a few minutes to do,,keeps the saw nice and clean. You can also blow out your air filter with the compressor to keep it nice and clean.

It looks just like my 455 cover yesterday when I sharpened 4 chains,nothing in there that would concern me , I would clean it up and get back to cutting and did .

Status
Not open for further replies.