Shoulder Season Beech?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
What are your thoughts on this beech, any good wood from this? I have to buck it up and get it out of the trail before spring.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2043.jpg
    100_2043.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 100_2044.jpg
    100_2044.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 100_2045.jpg
    100_2045.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 259
Hard to say from the pick. Hit it with the saw you will know. I have a line on a monster beech been leaning for a couple years its got to be 40 inch range. (thats big for a beech)

When I get one of those, I'll just make a cut about 2-3' from the rotten. If it is okay there then good. If not, I'll go another 2-3' to check again. Sometimes you still find good wood, sometimes not.

Backwoods Savage said:
When I get one of those, I'll just make a cut about 2-3' from the rotten. If it is okay there then good. If not, I'll go another 2-3' to check again. Sometimes you still find good wood, sometimes not.

Sav, I'll do that. We received another 4-5 inches of snow and it is still falling, please send your plow.

zap

If I head our within the hour, I should be there in a couple of days Zap. Keep the home fires burning as I might get cold on that ride.

Backwoods Savage said:
If I head our within the hour, I should be there in a couple of days Zap. Keep the home fires burning as I might get cold on that ride.

Will do Sav, that three year old sugar maple will be ready!

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.