Sidearm plumbing questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Ok trying to figure out my plumbing to the side arm. I will have a circulater running 24 - 7 for my panel rads. Can I hook my sidearm to this and not have a zone valve and aquastat or is there somthing I'm missing ? Dont want to spend the $200.00 if I dont need to. What would it hurt to have it circulate 24 -7 . Dont plan on letting water temps fall below 115 F on storage.

woodsmaster said:
Ok trying to figure out my plumbing to the side arm. I will have a circulater running 24 - 7 for my panel rads. Can I hook my sidearm to this and not have a zone valve and aquastat or is there somthing I'm missing ? Dont want to spend the $200.00 if I dont need to. What would it hurt to have it circulate 24 -7 . Dont plan on letting water temps fall below 115 F on storage.

Thats how they work run hot water thru them 24- 7 no need for zone valve or aquastat.Make sure you use a tempering valve and a 90* elbow with coin vent to bleed air out of your sidearm. Here is a picture http://cozyheat.3dcartstores.com/Domestic-Accessory-Only_p_67.html

Rob

Thats good news. For some reason I thought most people used a zone valve and aquasat.

woodsmaster said:
Thats good news. For some reason I thought most people used a zone valve and aquasat.

Did you buy a side arm yet? If not PM Me and I will tell you how I am going to re do my DHW set up so I have on demand HW and less mixing in my storage.

Rob

Already have a sidearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.