Signal Oak Stove gasket help...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Finfan61

Nov 30, 2021
York PA
I am new to the potbelly stove community. My wife and I acquired a Signal Oak wood burner that we are putting in a 10x24 greenhouse. More for occasional use then full time heating. It appears to be in decent shape but it has no gaskets in either of the doors. I'm looking for advice for the proper gasket to use and adhesive to put it on.

Signal Oak Pic 1 (2).jpg Signal Oak Pic 2 (2).jpg Signal Oak Pic 3 (2).jpg

I could be wrong. But my stove looks very similar and we have 0 gaskets on it. We burn in our house whenever we are home and it's cold. I've not had any of my c0 alarms or smoke alarms go off

IMG_20211127_124858268.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna try it without to start and see what happens. It was my buddy's grandfathers and he used it right up until I bought it. I've got to add a piece of pipe yet to move it away from the wall another foot or so.

I would definitely do that. I think clearance to cumbustibles on these are 36" my tiles on the wall get pretty damn hot and I think I'm around 30"

Reactions: bholler
The rear wall is actually 1" concrete backer board, but I am still maintaining 18".
Unfortunately, that doesn't look a proper heat shield. If may be on standoffs, but is closed at the bottom, preventing good airflow behind it.

Thanks for the input. The board at the bottom will be removed once it is tiled. I'm a one man show and the concrete board is a little heavy. It's there as a temporary holder..

GTK. If the concrete board is anchored properly on 1" spacers then it shouldn't need something at the bottom to hold it. Once the tiles are on it, the assembly will be much heavier.