sihl fs100rx

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilstinks

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
western NC
any one got one of these new lightweight trimmers? How do ya like it?

I have not used one but I bet its Sweet!

I picked a FS90R awhile back. Very comfortable to use. Much quieter than others I've used. This has the 4-mix motor. Doesn't rev up as fast as a 2-stroke, but has decent torque. The bump feed head has been a little problematic, but I think it was due to a poor wind on the string. You need a face shield when using it, it really throws the vegetation and whatever else you hit all over. Mostly in your face if you're not careful with the angle. Starting is easy enough, wife can fire it up in a couple of pulls. All in all, I like it.

Ive got a br600mag blower w/ 4mix and love it. The only worry i have with the 100rx trimmer is a hollow drive shaft. Im sure that is why it is so light but as sthil's book says it is for line only no blade and it has a bigger discplacement than the 90. Smoked my fs55 so looking for another trimmer the fs55 wasnt up to commercial use anyway.

I have an one a few years old and love it, but it is a bit heavy.

I bought knowing that, and for the fact that it will take nearly all gear head attachments.

Right now, i using it for trimming mainly, but also have a blade that i used to reclaim some back yard. took down 2" oak and maple saplings without breaking a sweat.

this "rx" model is the light weight hollow drive shaft no atttachments or blade allowed. stihl claims 10.6lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.