Silicone rubber gasket for room blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tlc1976

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2012
Northwest Lower Michigan
I had some time while cleaning the stove today. And some scraps of 1/8” orange silicone rubber sheet from work. So I went through and made gaskets for everything. Including the room blower.

Some others here have done the same, and have said the room blower is quieter. But I was shocked as to how much quieter it would be.

The exhaust blower was always the quietest part of the stove. Once the room blower kicked in, the exhaust blower noise was barely a drop in the bucket. Not bad bearings or anything, just the drone.

After finishing today, I started it up. The exhaust blower didn’t change much. I waited for the room blower to kick in. Had to feel the front of the stove and realized it turned on without me even hearing it. Then waited for the startup cycle to end and the speed to bump up a bit. Same thing, can’t hear it. I even pulled the side cover to make sure it was running at the proper speed. It’s all good.

Gonna take some getting used to, because I’m used to listening to everything to make sure it’s running properly. But it’s nice. Don’t have to turn the TV up a notch.