Silvey Precision Chain Grinder ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salecker

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2010
Northern Canada
Hi All
I have a chain grinder made by the above company,
Anyone ever heard of one of these.
I need a couple of parts,and a manual.
Have never used a chain grinder,and would like to get one,make a few bucks sharpening chains once i got the hang of it.Nobody in this area does it
Would like to get a Oregon 510a,but thought i would look into this one first.
Thanks Thomas

Silvey top of the line...Should be able to do a goggle search and fine it. Baileys chainsaw should have it as well. 511a or ax would be next in line. Some of the silveys will even do square ground.

Sweet i wanna silvey although my "upgraded/fixes" 510 clone does well

Thanks for the info
I'm a bit old school and forget about all the info at the tips of your fingers nowadays.
I got this one with a bunch of stuff from an old machest's estate sale,never really looked at it till now,i just knew it was a chain sharpener.Then it ended up in my chainsaw corner and got forgotten till i got diagnosed with CAD,which was in remishion till i started burning wood and found this site.
Now i have old saws following me home wanting a place to live, I'm looking for parts,manuals ect.for dusty grungy relics that will probly waste my time.
Anyhow i found some numbers on the stand 600 and a space 119.i'm assuming modle 600
The post that holds the chain guide is cracked,and the switch assembally is missing.
I basically got it for nothing,so i will look into the cost to restore it.If i can fix it for less than a new Oregon i should have a nice tool for the shop.
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.