Sirus for the home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rover47

Oct 2, 2006
Albany New York
My new car, (Kia hamstermobile) came with sat. radio. Now that I'm hooked I want a cheap way to listen at home. I don't have a problem with the extra charge on my sub. Just don't want to send $300. for a home receiver. Any ideas?

Your account should include internet listening to most of their channels. I really want a stand-alone home radio but have yet to find one that doesn't require an outdoor antenna.

check out myradiostore.com they offer both xm and sirius radio. should be able to get a small stand alone boombox or unit that will connect to a stereo. i have ordered stuff from them before and it was great, fast service.

all the radios will require a antenna with a view of the southern sky. just like sat tv. sirius/xm internet service is not free. it was free but they changed that awhile back.

I believe for about 3$ per month you can get it on the internet.

My wife and I used to just use a mobile unit with the home kit plugged in via mini-jack. The antenna had a 25' lead that we wired up through the wall into the attic. It worked well, but I got tired of paying, so now I just use the digital cable channels.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.