Size of stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishercat

Oct 13, 2006
New Brunswick
As in earlier post I'm still trying to get more heat throughout my house. But on a different topic what are the main differences between a medium size stove and a large stove is it just the firebox or is it deaper than that. An example the 1400 Napolean and the 1900 Napolean or the PE super 27 and the Summit. Just wondering if maybe my stove isn't big enough. Thanks

fishercat said:
As in earlier post I'm still trying to get more heat throughout my house. But on a different topic what are the main differences between a medium size stove and a large stove is it just the firebox or is it deaper than that. An example the 1400 Napolean and the 1900 Napolean or the PE super 27 and the Summit. Just wondering if maybe my stove isn't big enough. Thanks

Unsure about any small details of the Napolean ............

The Pacific Energy tho with the Summit has the EBT unit on the stove that controls a secondary air inlet. The smaller PE does not have this.
http://chimneysweeponline.com/hoebt.htm

As to size of stove you can read a review thread i did on stove size and stove mass , it does make a big difference on heat out put and how the heat transfers to your home. You also have to compare stove over all mass from one stove to another.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/4202/

Thanks. Very interesting reading. I do think in my own mind I should have got the PE Summit for the larger area. Anyways I'll keep on working trying to get the heat around my house.

I read it. I'm trying the fan thing for now. The only thing its not cold enough to try much of anything right now. 12 degrees C at this time. We are getting this type of weather for another week so when the cold weather hits I'll try some things. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.