Skip Tooth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
Turns out my new used 361 has a full skip chain on it. I honestly didn't pay much attention when I bought it and had never seen one before. Brand new Stihl RSC chain. Seems to cut good. Anyone else use one??

I run them on longer bars.

What length bar are you running? It will be fine, but I'd replace it with full comp when it wears out if your running a 20" or under.

RSC? That is stihl's full comp non safety chisel chain.

I run several skip chains on different saws and really like them but like the previous poster stated RSC is a full comp chain. If you put a longer bar on that 361 like a 25" I might run the skip. I use them on my 28" bar for my 441 and also occasionally use one with my 310 and 20" bar.

You're right....not RSC...my bad. It's a 20" bar.

As long as it won't damage the saw I'll run it till the chain is scrap metal rather than buy a new one. Should be faster to sharpen but will have to sharpen more often. I usually touch up after evey refill or two so that's not a deal breaker for me.

RSF is Stihl's moniker for skip chain. Run the pizz out of it, won't hurt a thing. If you like it try an 8 pin sprocket 18" bar & full skip. She'll cut fast then. A C

Status
Not open for further replies.