Slice in hose on engine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
One of my rubber hose on my car, the end of it is sliced. I went to my parts store and they looked at it and said I would have to get it at a dealer. They said it is expensive. Is there any thing I can do to this end to hold it together tight. My engine light is coming on and I think this is part why. Can I use liquid nail or something like that. ( sorry I know nothing about cars so I am not explaining this well)

Is it a small rubber hose. Possibly used for engine vacuum? If hose is cracked and sucking air car will run poorly.

Deere10 said:
Is it a small rubber hose. Possibly used for engine vacuum? If hose is cracked and sucking air car will run poorly.

Yes, If I take it off air is sucking in. Parts store says I need dealer part because it has a censor part down it a ways. So the whole line needs to be replaced.

2000 pontiac montana

If hose is soft and pliable cut end off and push end over connection. Or cut hose and they make a metal connector for most hoses buy a foot or so at parts store splice together.. Should be good to go. Many options out there again w/out seeing the hose its tiugh to reccommend what to do. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.