Small Stove for Older Mobile Home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcnu

Dec 1, 2006
Been a few years since we sold our home with an Envirofire pellet stove. Now looking for a BASIC stove to heat a 1972 mobile home. Main area is only about 400 sq feet-- about 900 sq feet overall. I keep watching adds for used stoves but just not sure what to look for. May have to buy new. Any recommendations?

Thanks. Looked it up on internet and seems big for what we need - but that may be true for almost every pellet stove out there? But I'll definitely do more research on it.

Check the Enviro Mini or Thelin Knome

Almost scored on a three year old Gnome - and think it would fit well. Looked at the Mini recently on line. Nice stove - but both are probably worth more than the mobile. :eek:hh: Could go with a bigger stove but need to make sure it can be dialed down to a fairly low feed rate.

bcnu said:
Been a few years since we sold our home with an Envirofire pellet stove. Now looking for a BASIC stove to heat a 1972 mobile home. Main area is only about 400 sq feet-- about 900 sq feet overall. I keep watching adds for used stoves but just not sure what to look for. May have to buy new. Any recommendations?

Breckwell P22 or P23. I have the Breckwell P23 in a 28x52 double wide. Does very well. My home is very well insulated too.

Status
Not open for further replies.