Small wood shelter pics of plans?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jreed

Jan 13, 2010
MD
I have a small area I was considering building a small wood shelter for. Something that would hold a cord or so and could be moved at the end of winter. Anyone seen such a thing or have one? Pics or plans?

For that amt of wood why not just throw a tarp over the top and call it a day?

How about some sort of covered trailer. You could stack it once and just move it when you want to.

I could throw a tarp over it but I hate taking tarps on and off with the snow that piles up on them. Im looking to build some sort of shelter so I can keep my wood outside and bring it in as I load it in the stove . I want to keep it just outside the door but also keep snow off of it. Right now I keep about a cord in the house.

This is a simple wood shed I just built. It was an old well house I tore down and used the existing foundation to build on. Very simple open air design with a simple a-frame roof. I used alot of scrap wood I had and shingles. Per the dimensions it should hold 4-5 cord

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 348
  • photo 2(9).jpg
    photo 2(9).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 346
  • photo 3(6).jpg
    photo 3(6).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 367
Status
Not open for further replies.