Smart Batt 11 Operation Problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkins

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Mar 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
Have the remote from Quadrafire. I can set the room temp to what I want and the stove will run/cycle just fine during the day but not at night. I set the remote to 64 degrees for night time, down from 72, and the stove will not turn back on once the temp has dropped into the lower 60's. It has been 56 degrees in the morning inside the room where the thermostat is. I called tech support today and didn't get much help as in customer service didn't know how to answer my questions. He told me the temp differential has to be greater then 7 degrees for the remote to turn the stove back on therefore I need to set the remote for greater then a 7 degree differential. This makes no sense to me as I may not want the house to be that cold. He also could not answer what the timer function does and how to turn it off. I have been playing with this for the last couple of weeks trying to figure out what is not working. It almost seems like the remote stops working when the temp set is lower then a certain point.

The stove will run all day every day and maintain the set temp, but will not at night.

Any experiences or ideas?

What type of programable themostat are you using. I am thinking of changing this remote unit out. It will be going on a Mt. Vernon (Non AE). What kind of voltage does the themostat need to be.

Bkins

have you ever doped it?they are very sensitive to shock. have you ever changed the batteries on it in the remote and receiver? also there is a reset button where the battery goes on the remote.

I have that same setup mine will turn on and off with 2 degree temp difference. The timer can be set to run up to nine hours after it shuts down you have to set it back to automatic mode. You can find manual on the web site at http://www.quadrafire.com/Products/Accessories.asp download the pdf file.

Hope this helps
Eric

No, its not been dropped that I know of. It does work correctly during the day with a 2-3 degree differential and yes I do have the manual. Thanks for your help. It just doesn't seem to be working correctly and I can't ssee that its the stove so I'm trying to find out whats up with it.

Bkins

Status
Not open for further replies.