snap disc ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
I have a spare fan from a gas fireplace i sold last year. i decided to try this between floors on my bilevel (pellet stove in downstairs family room). Last year i used a small computer fan and the air coming up was 80 degrees....so i decided i wanted to try the gas fireplace fan for more air and even has speed control. i have it almost ready (hard wiring), but wondered if there is a snap disc that would let the fan come on at say 70-75 degrees or so, then off if it cools down. this way i don't have to worry about turning it on. i am not sure what the snap disc is rated at from the original setup i have from the fireplace, but i would think it would be higher then the 80 coming up from downstairs would be now. thanks again group.....

I used an A/C thermostat with heat/cool control. Set to cool mode, As room heats up the stat will activate the fan. Worked great and was less than the price of snap disk. HD or Lowes has them for under $15.00.

Hope this helps?
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.