Snow, firewood, and my best friend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
My wife and I were out in the yard playing with the puppy in the snow and I have to say I was pretty proud of her when she said "this will be a good picture for hearth.com" since my stacks were in the background.

IMG_0011.jpg

Another good one:

flying.jpg

Our chocolate lab has been gone for 1.5 years. They are great dogs and I hope you enjoy!

Badfish740 said:
My wife and I were out in the yard playing with the puppy in the snow and I have to say I was pretty proud of her when she said "this will be a good picture for hearth.com" since my stacks were in the background.

IMG_0011.jpg

Another good one:

flying.jpg

Great pictures especially the second one, if you don't mind whats your dogs name?

zap

Thanks. We were practicing coming when called and I kept shooting him as he was running to me and finally got a good one. His name is Hank and he's 3 months old.

looks like he will be a good pup, i have a black lab(8months old) and a golden(2.5 years old) great dogs, If i could only get them to stop eating my firewood.

wood1 said:
looks like he will be a good pup, i have a black lab(8months old) and a golden(2.5 years old) great dogs, If i could only get them to stop eating my firewood.

Get used to it...my 12 year old golden is always near when I'm splitting and loves to chew on bark and smaller splits. Wouldn't want it any other way...

Very nice pics! Two of my favorite things, dogs and firewood.

Nice!... at least with all that firewood to chew on your furniture legs are safe. The Labs we had were wicked chewers of...everything.

Your picture of "Flying Hank" had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. GREAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!

Awsome dog!

We have a 12 month old Chocolate as well, Duke. He is the best dog I could ask for, he does like to get in the way when splitting wood, just gotta keep a pile of sticks around for him to retrieve when hes in the way.

Duke loves his sticks.

Attachments

• 17069_533158264820_41900138_31497767_6957207_n.jpg
    17069_533158264820_41900138_31497767_6957207_n.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 332
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 324
All the dog pics posted have been great!

If Hank knows "Come!" at 3 months, he's way ahead of my 10 month old Akita. We learned from the last guy, "Come" registers in their brain as "Run away from Master!"

If only we could teach them to bring the firewood home . . .

Pic #2 is awesome!

Badfish740 said:
Thanks. We were practicing coming when called and I kept shooting him as he was running to me and finally got a good one. His name is Hank and he's 3 months old.

Excellent pics.
I'll have to try that, but ours are between 75-80 lbs. at 7 and 8 months. I'll just have to be prepared to be bowled over.

Status
Not open for further replies.