Snow in April

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Got up this morning and had about an inch of snow on things.

Still definately stove season.

Snowy

Snowy Rivers said:

Snowy

LOL, we had about a foot here last Friday.

Yea we got about 4 inches out of that last storm. Temps still in the low 20's at night but mid 40's during the day. Its supposed to be a fairly warm weekend with temps nearing 60. I got the grill ready and the horseshoe pit will be ready for use for the weekend. I heard most of New England is gonna be in the low 70's on monday. Cant wait!!!!!

we've gotten about a foot of fresh snow over the past couple days... another foot is supposed to come by tomorrow evening.

Snowy Rivers said:

Snowy

Wow, what a difference a year makes. I think you were completely snow free this time last year (and even before that). Now you have snow, and it was 56 degrees here today...... the forecast is for 60's and 70's here for the next 10 days. WOOHOO!!! :coolsmile:

Shhhhhh you guys.

I make money plowing the crap but even I
don't wanna see any more of that four letter
word until next winter.

I have some tulips growing up through 6 inches of snow! What do they know that we don't? Maybe it is time to unbox the short sleeved shirts!

Yeah, still snow cover here too. It's melting with the warmer temps and sunshine over the past few days.

Stove was finally shut down for the daytime hours yesterday and this weekend is looking even better. Might even be able to open some windows this weekend for a bit.

The eagle nest has mom and dad taking turns 24/7, so another eaglet should be due soon. All good signs that we are almost ending winter around here :)

Today is supposed to be around 55F and clear.
Rain and wind for Sunday though.

Measurable snow that stays for any time is limited to November through February around here.

March can see a quicky drop of 6-8 inches but its usually gone within a day.

This spring is getting off to a very slow/cold start around here.

I am ready for the good weather to get here for sure.

My buisness really does not get going until its nice. (Construction season) we do dump trucking.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.