SNOW IS MELTED...BACK TO SPLITTING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
There has not been a day without snow on the ground since Christmas. I was finally able to get some splitting done on Wednesday. It felt good to get back to the kind of work I actually ENJOY doing....stockpiling 'peace of mind". All Ash and Black Locust.

Attachments

• split1.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 379
  • split22.bmp
    467.7 KB · Views: 361
Always feels good to get some more ready for the upcoming years. Like money in the bank. The way fuel prices are going it even gets a decent interest rate !!

Shwn

Looking good! I still haven't seen my lawn since the day after Christmas. I am hoping to do some cutting next week. I am starting to panic about getting my 12-13 wood ready on time. It is gonna be all Oak and It hasn't even been cut yet. I want it to be split and stacked for two summers.

WFA nice job, if you could send some sun up this way we have a nice pile of frozen (In a Pile) rounds that needs to be split.

Zap

We still have snow on the ground, got 6" Thursday night. We are supposed to get around 1.5 to 2" of rain in the next 36 hours....should make a soupy mess out of the back yard. I need to get splitting have probably 6 cords to cut and split, but I'm not gonna do it in the mudhole

Jeff

You don't need a burgler alarm in your home you need it in your wood pile! Very nice supply!

Ray

Nice! I wish I could get out and get some splitting done. I need to finish processing what I have on hand before I start scrounging this spring.

What's left of the snow here will melt off today and tomorrow, but the ground is saturated from rain last week, and will only get worse with rain today and tomorrow.

It's still too soggy to get out there and do any work. :(

-SF

Good job of stacking. I'll bet it was good to be out there working and the snow finally gone. Someday, that might happen here.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good job of stacking. I'll bet it was good to be out there working and the snow finally gone. Someday, that might happen here.

Don't hold your breath bionic hip man! :)

Ray

But gee whiz Ray, it is nice to at least think about it.

Backwoods Savage said:
But gee whiz Ray, it is nice to at least think about it.

I hear ya my friend! Just razzing ya and I know you love it!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.