Snowbank?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
This is all that remains of our measly snow from this winter. This WAS a snowbank back in Jan., and about 4' high.
Not much sun hits this spot. Rain supposed to start maybe tomorrow, so I expect this'll be gone shortly.

Attachments

• Snowpileresize.jpeg
    Snowpileresize.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 443
Dave that bank won't hold up long against a good rain. Took the bike for a ride yesterday there is still snow in the woods up around Williamstown NY. That is the southern edge of the Tug Hill. If you want to see snow that is the place to visit.

Dave,

don't think I live all that far from you, and the snow bank in our yard just went out yesterday finally. It's been hot for April around here, but man do we need rain!

StackedLumber said:
Dave,

don't think I live all that far from you, and the snow bank in our yard just went out yesterday finally. It's been hot for April around here, but man do we need rain!

Yep, VERY dry. The rain is due tonight and tomorrow, then Tues/Wed too. Trees and bushes are starting to green up already, and the rain will help.
I'm near Atlanta, where are you?

up north of you-near Onaway, we go through Atlanta when we head downstate M-33 is a much better drive than 75-plus Atlanta always has the best price on gas . . . 9and10 said that we're supposed to get rain tonight possibly which we need somethin bad. I have a huge brush pile I was hopin to burn this spring, but there's been those bans on burning so it sits there.

We head up to Onaway every once in a while.
The rain started about an hour ago, and it's pouring right now. Let it rain.
I've got a bunch of downed limbs and crap to burn too, but no go since before the ban. Too windy, and I knew, too dry too.
We went down to Mio area today for some feed, and we always take 33 on the way downstate too.

If you need rain, I have some I can sell you. We got 8" this week. 10 degrees colder, my favorite ski area would have gotten about 4 feet of snow! Aah spring...

Dave

Are you getting snow tonight? Its raining/flurry mix here right now! And to think it was 87 here last Friday!

StackedLumber said:
Dave

Are you getting snow tonight? Its raining/flurry mix here right now! And to think it was 87 here last Friday!

Sorry, I didn't get back on here until this afternoon, but no snow last night, it rained, and the snow started this morning at 7:30.
Nothing will stick past tomorrow anyway, since it's due to warm back up beginning tomorrow.

PapaDave said:
StackedLumber said:
Dave

Sorry, I didn't get back on here until this afternoon, but no snow last night, it rained, and the snow started this morning at 7:30.
Nothing will stick past tomorrow anyway, since it's due to warm back up beginning tomorrow.

My wife woke me up at 5 to the sound of hail hitting the house. She was worried about the vehicle in the driveway . . .have a wood working project in the garage, so it was going to stay out there anyways. At 7, everything here had a blanket of white on it. Supposedly 70 by monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.