So I may have stumbled on a Avalon (astoria) Newport for 150.00

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
Works and fully functional but needs a good cleaning on the outside and some paint/ new trim for sure.
Think I can flip this to make a quick buck or sell my englander and run this?
5Ic5La5Ke3Mb3I33Lec2qc15cbe313ba91d37.jpg

I haven't looked at it yet, this is just the pic he sent me. Hoping to schedule to look at it tomorrow.

I was scanning ebay today and there are Heatilator PS-50's and CAB-50's for $400 (factory refurbished w/ warranty) Do a search for Pellet stoves on ebay and on the 1st and 2nd page you should see these and the AMFM Energy stoves (little more).

But for $400 for a Refurb Heatilator!!! The same internals as a Quadrafire (HHT).

Thats a good deal. If everything still works. Looks rough. But some paint and a little TLC can take of that (if it works)..

3 hrs ago there were no bids. Both Heatilators were $400 and the Santa Fe was $700.

Also. No Buy it now a bit ago. I was looking at the CPM from AMFM. Nice stove for the price.

(Disregard my stupidity, or just get used to it!! ;-P ) Sorry. The Avalon is still a great deal. If it works. Tell him $100 because its gonna need some work!!

So if I can make sure it runs for that price and sand it down and paint it I would think I could make few hundred on the flip.

letsblaze said:
So if I can make sure it runs for that price and sand it down and paint it I would think I could make few hundred on the flip.

And clean, blow out dust bunnies, and lube all motors. There would be some meat left on the bone for you. Most things would be free. Just takes time.

Cleaning, painting, and lubing. May cost you $15. Then add a couple gaskets $25, then add your time.

Hope all motors are good and operating. Thats why you want to see if it would run. Even in that shape. It should fire if it all works. Bring pellets. You sont need a vent to test burn outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.