So I scored some more Somersets.....maybe!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Raz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2012
Orange County, NY
So I called the Lowes that I got my sets from last time, I found out they had more sooo I ordered 2 more tons. You would think that it would be considered a touchdown right, yeah well not so quick. The girl said "well we will schedule the delivery for Saturday, but we can't guarantee that they will be Somersets". So I go What the hell does that mean? If I ordered, specified and paid for them then I expect the Somersets and then she tells me that since all of the pellets in Lowes have the same stock # they cannot guarantee that the driver will actually read the notes and grab the Somersets even though it's written right in front of them. She also says that if they bring the wrong ones that I can refuse the shipment. So with that said, I don't know quite yet if I got them, but come Saturday we will see. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Keep your fingers crossed. I ordered Greene Team 4 years ago, spoke with the shipping manager who confirmed that as well. They showed up with Pres To Logs. Shipping Manager was out sick and drive grabbed whatever. BUT, he made it right by going back to the stove and returning with the Greene Teams.

When I bought mine, they put hold stickers on the outside of the plastic wrap with my name and invoice number. Maybe you could go down and try that?

yep that is their new policy. to many people are refusing delivery and it is starting to cost them. but im with you i want what i paid for not what you feel like giving me
What's up with that. Maybe if they taught their drivers to read then they would save some money. Just saying.

When I bought mine, they put hold stickers on the outside of the plastic wrap with my name and invoice number. Maybe you could go down and try that?
Nah! Too far. I'll send em back. Not taking some crap they feel like giving me. I'll wait to see what happens, the first delivery was good so maybe I'll get lucky.

I'm continually amazed at the people who sell these pellets who think they are all the same. I guess it's up to us to us to educate them. It's been good pellet picking up here in northern Michigan, plenty of decent pellets so far. Kirtlands for 180 a ton seems to be the best.

I do have to say that when I bought my stove they brought 2 bags of great Americans which felt really hot. Then I put in stove chow and was not impressed at all. Now I am on the presto logs which have the house up to 78. Let's hope the Somersets are better than all of them.

Might call around to lowes and see if I can find some in Central CT tomarrow.

Might call around to lowes and see if I can find some in Central CT tomarrow.

I called every Lowes in CT today...no Somersets in sight.

The stock list includes Green Supreme, Inferno, North American and Greene Team Platinum (at a premium price)

I'm continually amazed at the people who sell these pellets who think they are all the same. I guess it's up to us to us to educate them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do people feel the need to do this? Did anyone not see what Lowes did with Greene Team? Do you want to see $300 Somersets?????????? Let other people take the crappy pellets, we'll keep buying $200 somersets. Big box stores are eventually going to figure this out. Why speed up the process??????????

Guess I better go get some more 'sets on my afternoon off tomorrow...

I called every Lowes in CT today...no Somersets in sight.

The stock list includes Green Supreme, Inferno, North American and Greene Team Platinum (at a premium price)

Thanks, saved me the time !

Yeah! Somersets suck! You all should just refuse to buy them out there so we get stuck with them here.

trust me, they already know. the only reason the stores in the NE arent loaded with them is the shipping cost

They don't know around here. Pellet stoves aren't as common here, and people don't understand there is a difference.

My pellet choices as of this AM:

TSC 30 miles away : Somersets or AWF for 190
TSC 10 miles away : Propellets for 239
Menards 30 miles away : Somersets or Magic Spark for 200
Lowes 5 miles away : North Americans for 297.

One of these days the $200 Somersets are gonna disappear.

They don't know around here. Pellet stoves aren't as common here, and people don't understand there is a difference.

My pellet choices as of this AM:

TSC 30 miles away : Somersets or AWF for 190
TSC 10 miles away : Propellets for 239
Menards 30 miles away : Somersets or Magic Spark for 200
Lowes 5 miles away : North Americans for 297.

I'll take the Somersets for $190 Alex!

They are already disappearing!!! OMV has bought up half of the allotted Somersets for the season. These pellets will be extinct with him in the market ;)

Well if Somersets go to $300 my fall back so far would definitely be the Presto Logs

pellets don't cost more.... our dollar just buys less.

Anyone call TSC in farmington to see what they have?

i wouldnt say their going to 300 but compared to other brand pricing i wouldnt rule out 250, up here in the north anyway those guys paying 150 to 170 what a gift

We keep braggin em up and Lowes will raise the price on em just like the GT's. Freekin Somesets stink! >>

so does Lowes deliver for free? According to the website, it's $79 for shipping, im only 20-30 mins away from two different Lowes.

Status
Not open for further replies.