So much for my buffer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I thought I was going to have a nice buffer amount to begin next season. Well that has been slowly decreasing. Just lit my englander to take the chill off...come on summer...!!

You're not alone Chris....most everybody has run through WAY more pellets this past winter that usual.

YUP, last bag of shoulder pellets is in the hopper. Still have left over Spruce Points though. Didnt want to get into those but will have to.

Stove had been off since Sunday morning, but just re-lit it even if for a couple of hours before bed. Looks like it will run tomorrow morning and evening with cold, wet weather coming in.

I think most have used more than expected. This season was the pellet dealers winter for sure. Hey but most still have lots of fuel available and they have there spring sale prices. :)

I haven't used as much as last season for some reason. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have next years supply stashed and looking to get most of the 2012/2013 secured. If I can get a dealer to hold them for fall delivery. I'll jump on 2 more tons!

j-takeman said:
I think most have used more than expected. This season was the pellet dealers winter for sure. Hey but most still have lots of fuel available and they have there spring sale prices. :)

I haven't used as much as last season for some reason. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have next years supply stashed and looking to get most of the 2012/2013 secured. If I can get a dealer to hold them for fall delivery. I'll jump on 2 more tons!

I believe with the purchase of the Woodburner I just bought (Helluva Deal), it should take my yearly usage down a little. I can get all the FREE wood I want (well kinda , gotta cut, split, stack). So between the pellet stove, pellet furnace, and new Woodburner.. ...And..... The 7 tons of pellets in the crib and 2 tons of Easy Heats at Kinsman Stoves waiting for me to pick them up.. I should be good for all of next year and like Jay said, most of 2012/2013 season. If I can get'em cheap now, its only gonna save later.. Cheers to everyone. Looking forward to a safe and happy summer.

Down to last bag.

woodsman23 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Turbo-Quad said:
Down to last bag.

Guess you'll have to break down and burn that lonely cob of corn ;-) .

If he does that whatever will he wipe with !!!! :sick:

LMAO!!

Yep, burned my way into next years stash that I hadn't even finished stashing.
When the rains head out I'll be on a mission to replenish.

I've blew through everything I had 263 bags, bought an additional 6 bags to get me through until I could go fetch another ton. I'm 6 bags into that ton now. Forecast lows in the low 30's the rest of the week means I'll be burning for the foreseeable future.

My customers are telling me 20-30% more pellets used this year. Now that the guy up the road has been out of Barefoot, folks are getting a chance (forced) to buy the Curran Softwoods. Still getting pretty good reviews on them.

291 for me, I have 3 tons already stashed for next year. I am going to stop at 300, and clean. I'll run the heat pump If I need it for the rest of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.