So where do i get cheaper parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sherrin

Jan 8, 2023
Oakham Ma
So my Pellet Pro 130 B is going to need a new board. It's $390 on the Pel pro website. Very expensive for a stove in its second full season. Not too happy. Can anyone suggest cheaper websites. I only paid $999 for the stove..any help appreciated

So my Pellet Pro 130 B is going to need a new board. It's $390 on the Pel pro website. Very expensive for a stove in its second full season. Not too happy. Can anyone suggest cheaper websites. I only paid $999 for the stove..any help appreciated
I can understand that u want cheaper parts since u only paid X amount..my 2cents is when it comes to electrical parts for my stove I don't look for bargains. Easy to get burned like cheap Asian stuff from Amazon so buyer beware and good luck unless you go with the pro dealers that most us seasoned stove burners use. You Lucked out and got a deal so your ahead even if u pay a bit more for quality part from known reputable dealer.

Last edited:
Since I see your from Mass and this is a Longshot. Go to your local vocational school and see if someone in the electronics shop can troubleshoot the board. 2nd idea is to see if a local computer repair shop can repair the board. I agree with the other reply purchase from the manufacturer not an Asian knockoff.

Since I see your from Mass and this is a Longshot. Go to your local vocational school and see if someone in the electronics shop can troubleshoot the board. 2nd idea is to see if a local computer repair shop can repair the board. I agree with the other reply purchase from the manufacturer not an Asian knockoff.
After looking at the board online, skip the tech school, too complex. A computer repair shop may be a good choice but may not be much cheaper than a new board.

Reactions: tbear853
Welcome.newby. First, don't think I have ever seen a aftermarket stove control board.
Now, your first problem is, the "B" is a new series, and the aftermarket suppliers have not "stocked up" on the newer control board, as when they buy in bulk, get cheaper prices. Be aware there are available software updates for the B series, go to PP web site and learn about it.
Also, be aware, cheaper stoves are generally like cheaper cars, need more maintenance, and are more expensive to repair. Although, in the car market, that has shifted a bit, but not in the stove market.

Welcome.newby. First, don't think I have ever seen a aftermarket stove control board.
Now, your first problem is, the "B" is a new series, and the aftermarket suppliers have not "stocked up" on the newer control board, as when they buy in bulk, get cheaper prices. Be aware there are available software updates for the B series, go to PP web site and learn about it.
Also, be aware, cheaper stoves are generally like cheaper cars, need more maintenance, and are more expensive to repair. Although, in the car market, that has shifted a bit, but not in the stove market.
Hi Bob understand about PP. Not happy at all..they gave me a link to buy the board from them and 6-8 weeks delivery.
So if I use them I will have a hot spring. I found a board for the pp130. No one stocks this elusive board The user had a B model and it worked perfectly. There seems to be no difference. I'm installing it Saturday..let you know the outcome Again PP.
Not recommended

Reactions: tlc1976