Soapstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmiser

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2011
Garnet Valley, PA
Chills whiskey and tea

Whiskey_Stones___Set_of_9lp8Standard.jpg

http://home.woot.com/sale/whiskey-s...st+-+20111108+-+Woot&utm_medium=email#tracked

I agree it won't dilute the drink! At 1/4th the specific heat and only 2.5x the density roughly, I hope you wouldn't want it too cold for too long.

Definitely would be a conversation piece to hand a drink of w/ them in it.

pen

I suppose they can be dual purpose, maybe throw them on the stove for a bit of time and then into the gloves to warm them.

Shawn

Dentist: So you say you were drinking a whiskey with rocks in it to chill it when you chipped two of your front teeth? Did it ever occur to you that drinking something with rocks in it might not be the smartest thing to do?

------------

Emergency Room Doc: So the nurse says you were having a drink when you began choking . . . did the alcohol go down the "wrong tube?"

Patient: Uh, no Doc . . . I accidentally swallowed a rock that I had in my whiskey.

ER Doc: A rock, huh? You know most normal people just use ice . . . it seems to work much better to cool down their drinks.

Tried 'em. Don't like 'em. I like the way a whisky/bouron on the rocks bites you hard at first then mellows you out as the ice melts a bit. I also don't like some when its that cold, and prefer scotch at room temp with no ice. A certain amount of water is supposed to release the aromats and enhance the flavor. Almost all drinks used to be prepared before consumption (to thin out the precious resource, no doubt). My cousin from England couldn't believe we would actually buy a shandy in a bottle, but "you Americans and your packaging". Cask strength liquor is not really meant to be drunk straight out of the bottle but its all in what you like I guess.

I rarely complain about expensive booze when I'm drinking from somebody else's cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.