Solar Wood kiln

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting idea...... I will keep an eye on this one for sure..

shawn

As discussed before on here it is not needed but that looks like a very nice one, I would use it for a green house for veggies and what ever may grow in there.

Can't see how a balance can be achieved between providing sufficient heat to dry along with temperature limits that would prevent fire, in an unmanned/non-mechanical system like that. Polycarbonite sheets will make for a hot environment in June-Aug time frame. Had a neighbor that experienced a fire in their plant bed when a piece of glass got hit with direct sunlght and had the ability to ignite the mulch. I would focus the solar onto a layer of dark bricks that would have a natural temperature limit, hold heat overnight and thus be more affective based on overall time. I would also extend the roof to provide better cover for rain.

He seems to think the wood will dry in a month! Hum....

Status
Not open for further replies.