Some Future Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I have some small sugar maples that were taken down by the big popple on the ground, looks like we'll be doing some winching to get them down.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2428-1.jpg
    100_2428-1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 266
Looks like some fun work there Zap.

Looks like the storm will stay southeast of us so we'll get some wood pushed in during the week then get back in the woods this weekend and grab a couple of trees. We have two nice Sugar Maple that have damage to them plus another beech in that same area I worked last weekend that has some damage.

Zap

wood spliter said:
Nice job for ya Zap. Hope the weather holds out!

wood spliter, we lucked out again and just received a dusting. Last year was similar with this area missing all the storms until late March or early April then we got nailed.

Zap

The middle blue arrow is going right over the top of us! I have a Rhino with the 700 cc engine, but don't have a good trailer. We've been loading wood into the back and hauling it that way. But it looks like from your picture that you are getting more in the trailer than the back will hold. Does your Rhino work hard to pull that much weight? Do you think there is less stress on it hauling a trailer or hauling a load in the back? Thanks Zap, always enjoy your pictures.

Uper said:
The middle blue arrow is going right over the top of us! I have a Rhino with the 700 cc engine, but don't have a good trailer. We've been loading wood into the back and hauling it that way. But it looks like from your picture that you are getting more in the trailer than the back will hold. Does your Rhino work hard to pull that much weight? Do you think there is less stress on it hauling a trailer or hauling a load in the back? Thanks Zap, always enjoy your pictures.

Uper our Rhino is a 450. The rhino with the trailer full of wood during the summer hauls it with ease. In the winter you'll get some tugging depending on the snow pack, when the trails frozen you'll have a lot less tugging from the trailer.

Loaded 20-22 rounds of beech in the trailer and it handled it. Also in the winter if your not running with chains on the back you might as well stay home.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.