Some of my wood cutting the past 3 weeks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naandme

Jan 16, 2011
Eaton, Indiana
Been cutting a 3-4 trailer loads a week for past 3 weeks This should put me 3 to 4 years ahead with my other stacks that are already split. The osage and oak will take time to season up but got plenty of walnut hackberry ash maple black locust and black cherry to burn till it does.

Attachments

• wood pile 001.jpg
    wood pile 001.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 695
  • wood pile 005.jpg
    wood pile 005.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 686
Nice!!! :coolsmile:

3-4 trailers a week for 3 weeks? Thats all ????

Nice haul, sounds like you are well set for a few years. WTG. (said with stack envy)

Shawn

One trailer looks like a work out to me. I'm usually good for 2 pick up loads a day - before the aches get to me. I'm usually not lucky enough to get real close to my scrounge and sometimes have to carry it out of the woods.

When it's cold like this, I need to hydrate more - my arms start to get cramps and lock up and I know it's time to quit for the day.

You sure got a great pile of rounds. Some real back breakers there - roll them puppies off!

Naandme said:
Been cutting a 3-4 trailer loads a week for past 3 weeks This should put me 3 to 4 years ahead with my other stacks that are already split. The osage and oak will take time to season up but got plenty of walnut hackberry ash maple black locust and black cherry to burn till it does.

Nice job Naandme, how much wood do you burn in a heating season on average.

zap

Hey Zap, It of course depends on the Indiana winters sometimes we get lucky and they are mild but on an average 4 to 5 cords a season more on the 5 side due to heating barn, I heat with an older Rohn inside my house and have a Shenandoah in my work shop (pole barn) but I only heat the barn when I work out there 3 to 4 times a week.

You get a walnut worth milling let me know?

Hey Jay may be cutting 3 that may be good for milling I am going to look at them tommorow or friday I will send pictures as soon as I see them up close. They look good but that was from cab of truck I will let you know.

Naandme said:
Hey Jay may be cutting 3 that may be good for milling I am going to look at them tommorow or friday I will send pictures as soon as I see them up close. They look good but that was from cab of truck I will let you know.

Sounds good I can mill on site and share the board foot...36inch or bigger what I really want right now...

Take it easy on your back! That is a lot of bending for splitiing and stacking.

Well done!

Valhalla said:

Well done!

To stay on topic that is an awesome amount of fun rounds to split and I am seriously jealous.

Off topic your name Valhalla reminds me of a movie I recently watched two nights in a row as I liked it so much, via netflix online, "Valhalla Rising"

Looks like a nice sized wood hauler there. Does that get really heavy on the tongue? The axles do look like they are set back a lot.

Wood envy :)
Nice pics, I see some wood in back of the photo, that looks like it's been stacked up along the fence for a while. Nice!
Good job

PS : split those big heavy ones vertical, easier on the back :)

Yep I try to use the vertical as much as possible and Backwoods, the trailer when its full does have a lot of tongue weight but it holds a nice amount of wood and is pretty easy to load and unload. If we use the tractor loader its real easy to load, then we keep the biggest rounds toward the back to help with tongue weight and we drop the gate and roll those off its not the best system but it works pretty well.

ChrisNJ said:
Valhalla said:

Well done!

To stay on topic that is an awesome amount of fun rounds to split and I am seriously jealous.

Off topic your name Valhalla reminds me of a movie I recently watched two nights in a row as I liked it so much, via netflix online, "Valhalla Rising"

Thanks Chris, New Jersey guy,

Actually, the history of the name Valhalla goes back a very long time. See the link: http://en.wiki.org/wiki/Valhalla

Stay warm and burn wisely!

Status
Not open for further replies.