Some recent CL firewood ads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homebrewz

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
East Central, NY
Some recent CL ads from my local CL:

I sure hope he's offering to pay someone $75 a truck load to take it down and haul it away. This is in a residential area too.. he's asking for trouble.
Must be the same guy who was giving away silver maple a few weeks ago.

Silver Maple is gone!"

This guy's cherry wood must have gold flakes in it.

"cherry firewood is well seasoned over one year. $100.00 Face Cord $200.00 Two Face Cords $300.00 Full Cord (Call Lee at (phone number deleted))If no answer please leave a message. I will also sell small amounts of wood locally 20 Pieces for $10.00
I also have black locust wood for sale.Locust is a very hot burning wood.Locust must be mixed with other firewood in the stove or else your taking a chance of melting your wood stove.I can sell (two face cords of cherry for $200.00 and one face cord of locust for 133.00) the total price for a cord of mixed mixed wood is $333.00. I deliver what i sell "

Don't burn straight locust, you could melt your stove!!! LOL.

Buy some locust first and melt your stove. That will save you from the temptation to burn wood cherry which is $300 a cord. You'd be better off using the furnace.

You can tell that most folks have very little knowledge.....

a buddy of mine just gave me 2 pick up truck loads of locust and mulberry.
He says he only burns cherry...Locust and mulberry burn too hot.
I said yeah, I will be careful... LOL

Oh crap I hate it when I melt my stove. LOL !!!!

He will also tell you that you CAN NOT burn pine I am sure.

Shawn

I guess those 3.5 ft3 loads of 100% hedge I burned for a couple weeks straight last winter was a mistake. I'm surprised my stove didn't vaporize.

Locust burners.. beware! haha.

Update.. here's a post from today in the free section:

"FREE APPLE TREE

NEED REMOVED CAN TAKE FOR WOOD GOOD FOR BURNING. MUST CARRY INSURANCE
(phone number deleted)"

I reposted the pic below. This guy posted a similar ad yesterday.. guess it got flagged or he didn't like his responses.

Attachments

• appletree.jpg
    appletree.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.