Some tree climbing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well i do a lot of rock climbing. but i'd also like to get into tree climbing. so i figured i'd try it out this morning. heres some pics. nice 20 degree morning. so i love being in the woods specially when its cool.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 203
Pretty cool. When I was younger and skinnier some friends and I got into climbing trees, no big trees like that just easy stuff.
Last winter I read a book about some scientists that wanted to study the tops of the redwoods, the only way to do that was to climb them.
It was a good book, I just can't remember the title.

Have fun and don't fall.

jeromehdmc said:
Pretty cool. When I was younger and skinnier some friends and I got into climbing trees, no big trees like that just easy stuff.
Last winter I read a book about some scientists that wanted to study the tops of the redwoods, the only way to do that was to climb them.

Have fun and don't fall.
yeah its fun. the hardest part actually is trying to get the rope up in the tree. i gotta get some throwing lines. i just used string and a small wrench. lol.

jeromehdmc said:

Have fun and don't fall.

When I was in my teens, my friends & I used to look for tall, skinny trees that
we could climb all the way to the top & then let them bend under our weight &
ride them down til we were close enough to the ground that we could drop
safely down. There used to be a LOT of funny-lookin, bent-over trees in
them thar woods!

BTW, Love the AVATAR, jeromehdmc. The local dealer only had a Psycho Purple Limited
EG but the GF wasn't too crazy about the color, so I went for the Vivid Black Ultra
Classic EG with the 96" engine. Kinda glad I did, cuz three of my buds with the
103" have oil leaking/blowing out. All were repaired under warranty, but...
I added the rack on the Tour Pack & it looks pretty much like yours.
I gotta admit, tho I miss the heated grips that I had on my 08 Cross Bones...
The Gerbing heated gear is nice, but a PITA with the wires...

Growing up here we did a lot of Coon hunting. To train dogs we climbed the trees to run the coon out to instigate another chase and so as not to kill every coon in the woods. We climbed everything. No ropes, no net, and always at night. Of course I was 60 lbs lighter then.

Status
Not open for further replies.