Some work for Saturday/Edit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This white birch is just off the trail so I'll make this my first stop on Saturday and see if it has any good wood left.

Picture 100_2210 needs taking care of, sugar maple is broken off and needs to be winched down then fell whats left plus the pine behind it.

In the picture on the left is a small ironwood so I'll take that also. The area the sugar maple and pine was a turn around once so it will be nice to get that opened up again.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1104.jpg
    100_1104.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 312
  • 100_2210.jpg
    100_2210.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 294
I had to do a double take and check the date on the pic! I thought it was awful green for mid January. ;-P

Pagey said:
I had to do a double take and check the date on the pic! I thought it was awful green for mid January. ;-P

Minus 22 up here last night Pagey, not much green.

zap

zapny said:
Pagey said:

Minus 22 up here last night Pagey, not much green.

zap

Eww, pass on that, sir!

Zap gets used to all that cold stuff. He still gets out to cut. Then he goes fishing.

WOW!! Nice Pike!!!

What's for supper? Pike!

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap gets used to all that cold stuff. He still gets out to cut. Then he goes fishing.

Sav, this sugar maple(need to clear a trail so I can get up on top of the ridge) is on the way back from the spot I'm cutting the other broken off sugar maple so if I can get up there I'll winch the part that is broken off down then drop the rest.

Picture 100_2371 has some dead fall on the ground that I'll have to clear if I want this route for the entrance.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2319.jpg
    100_2319.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_2371.jpg
    100_2371.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 171
Status
Not open for further replies.